pühapäev, 4. november 2018

Velvet Massage

I got a gift voucher to Thai Orchid Massage Salon, for an hour velvet massage. I booked the time on the web page and imagined already the masseuse softly working my back and me leaving the salon after the velvety and silky massage totally relaxed. First suspicion raised when I noticed that there is no massage table but just the mat on the floor and I had to change into the usual pajama they use in Thai massages. And when the tiny Thai lady first jumped on me and then started to do some headstands on her elbows on my back, it was clear that there's gonna be no silk or velvet. Finally when I managed to take a breath, I quickly asked where they're hiding the velvet and wtf is going on? She asked slightly worried if she's too hard. Well, I can always return the next day and show my bruises, if she was doubting her skills. But when next day my back, that had been hurting for a week, didn't hurt anymore, I decided to not to bear a grudge any longer.

I wanted to buy a pair of slippers for the office, because in the shoes I took there, my feet are cold. I considered the 20 euro ones from Amazon too expensive and the 5 dollar ones from Aliexpress too ugly. Today, while walking through the shoe section in the department mall, I noticed some slippers on one shelf and made my way over there. Could already see myself wearing those without waiting for several weeks. The price tag attached to the slippers informed me that they cost 79,99EUR. I decided to invest my money into Tallink stocks rather than bling slippers and left the department store.

Other than than the usual and daily complaints there are few more things from US that need to be brought into daylight, but I haven't managed to complain about yet. Like dessert menu. Unless you go to a pub or diner where the all sweet section is containing of ice cream and a slice of cake, in restaurants until you've finished your veggies, there is no talk about dessert. You take a seat, get the menu and drink card and have to notice with disappointment that the menu is limited to non-sweet food only. Always difficult for me, because I'd like to see the dessert options too. If there's something I'd like, I would order a starter and dessert. But if they only have pancakes and ice cream, I would just go for main course. However, during the time I've learned to plan ahead and I'll check the menu on their web page first to not to confuse the waitress, why I want to see the desserts before even ordering my greens.

The ice cream kind of makes the introduction for the next topic, which is our bad timing and Dairy Queen. As I've already mentioned, all last fall we planned the visit to Dairy Queen like a long waited holidays on Bora Bora. Constantly talked about it, never made it there. And when we finally landed in front of the ice cream joint (after an hour walk), turned out that as of last night it was closed for the winter season. This year we managed to go there and even get the ice cream and do it twice. And since they had a sign that last day of summer season is October 7th, our plan was to go and get an ice cream right after returning from D.C. Well, guess again. We arrived there shortly before 6pm, it was 75F outside and they had turned off the lights and locked the door.

Continuing with food topics, I still haven't figured out why in US the apple juice is called apple cider, but the orange juice is still orange juice. Both are made of crushed fruits. I googled and found out that cider is either an alcoholic drink made from fermented apple juice or an unfermented drink made by crushing fruit, typically apples. So, still unclear, why they have apple cider but not orange cider.

I also wanted to write about savings on the highways and Larry's house and weed and everything you can subscribe to in US, but since I've heard some feedback that every now and then my blog posts are too long, those burning topics remain on the waiting list.

Kommentaare ei ole:

Postita kommentaar