kolmapäev, 10. juuli 2019

Go Blue. Lowlife.

I think, it might have been Bill Bryson, who mentioned in one of his books that the next step from taking a bus in US is living out of a plastic bag. In our town the public transportation wouldn't be not too bad, mostly it can even be seen as private ride, if they would consider the rush hour traffic when preparing the schedules. Separate lanes for buses on the streets is however as unthinkable as the the pedestrian wanting to cross the street. Today, for example I got off the right in front of the shopping center, but to cross the street to the side of the center, I had to walk few hundred meters to the nearest traffic light. And then back. And should the bus drivers get the idea of requested stops, the bus transportation in this university town could become totally considerable means of transportation. Today the driver just skipped two stops, where I pulled the wire and pushed all the buttons and stopped in a random place far enough to make my walk home longer than it would have been from the stop I got on the bus. Actually I can't really hold it against him - to mark the bus stops, there is just one pole with little sign that has a bus and a person drawn on it and the number 969-0400. That's as far as it goes with the information they have about the routes and schedule available. Also there are no pockets for buses, no roofs or benches for the pedestrians. Often the little sign is just put into the grass.

But in general I pay about 5 times less for the bus than I would pay for Uber, the bus has aircon as well, most likely I'm the only client in both means and additionally the bus driver doesn't care how I'm doing or where I'm from. Win!

Kommentaare ei ole:

Postita kommentaar