laupäev, 28. märts 2020

Gaili of all Trades

Losing the normalcy. I think, that's how I would describe the current situation. Nothing that used to be taken for granted, normal and daily, is it not anymore. And I'm not talking about not being able to travel or that the economy is f*cked up or we can't go to H&M anymore. I don't think Netflix is human right. But what I do consider human right to go outside. And it's not the newly found sports enthusiast in me talking, but I've always preferred walking over taking the bus or just walks, hikes. I've always sort of disliked sports - I can still remember how much I hated the dodge ball in school and how until this day I'm not able to climb the rope to the ceiling or do a somersault or cartwheel. But 3,5 years ago, when I moved to Munich I started to run. Which has become a habit now. Mostly 2-4 times a week with the exception of October, when it happened 5 times a week. And now my only option to go for a run is early morning, in the hope that all the people walking dogs or pushing baby carriages are still asleep. Where did all of them suddenly come from? Where did they keep their dogs and babies until now? Merely few weeks ago I could run whatever time I wanted to and saw one dog, if even. Now, during my 35-minute morning run I see around 6 baby carriers and 8 dogs. The later it gets, the higher the number. Also, most of them don't understand the rule of two meters.

We are still trying to go for a walk once a day. Usually around 8-9pm to see as little people as possible. And it still feels like trespassing. Our usual long leisurely walks have turned into speedy nordic walks (just without sticks), where the route is decided on every street corner and the street with least people will be chosen. And it's not until we're back home that I can breathe out again. It would be a great deal better, if the rest of the people would also keep the two meters distance and not saunter around with Saku six pack in hand in the MIDDLE of the sidewalk! And then there are the kids with scooters and bikes. A little older ones (so like 10yrs maybe) hang around in groups and do their tricks and the younger ones are just escaping their parents, who are not the least worried about the kids getting too close to other people.

Considering all that I should adjust my daily step goal. At the moment instead of the usual 11.000 steps 800 seem like a decent challenge.

Once all of this crap started, most of the people were saying that "Your grandparents went to the war and you tell me that you can't spend two weeks in your home, on your couch with Netflix and wifi to save the world?" Well, as of today, the two weeks are over, can I return to the regular life? And as a side note - during those two weeks there are still people, who have not understood the difference between quarantine and isolation. It seems like most of them have recently returned from trips or are having some symptoms, because according to their social media, they are all quarantined. Although isolation and 2-meter distance should be enough for them. And frustratingly big number of people are still in guarantine...

And suddenly everyone is a world famous virologist. All those who used to be politicians or real estate lawyers. Now they all know for sure that the virus doesn't reach beyond 2, 3,5 and 6 meters. Or it sticks to the surface for 72 hours, a week or 17 days. There have been miraculous recovering among MMS consumers and according to them everyone in Estonian Health Organisation should be fired and way more competent Jacks and Janes put in place.

I was putting on some make-up yesterday morning (some mascara and eyebrows that is) and felt myself like a decent muslim woman, getting herself all fancy just to stay home and please the husband. Didn't bother with any jewellery tho.

I ordered a package from Apollo to be delivered to the first floor Smartpost lockers. Since I didn't pay attention to their text that those lockers are full and they'll bring my package to the second floor lockers, a few hours later that's exactly what they did. Just so nobody would think that I'm trying to split the hair here, because how far can the second floor be from the first one, I'd like to point out that from the first floor one I can collect my stuff until 11pm, but to the second floor one the access will be closed at 9pm and currently I have no desire to go into a shopping centre that early. Anyway, I called Smartpost and asked to bring my package to the first floor lockers:
Girl from Smartpost: It's already been delivered to the locker, we can't bring it somewhere else.
Me: Yes, but unfortunately I can't pick it up there, because I don't go to the shopping centre before 9pm.
Girl from Smartpost: The we have to contact the company.
Me: Which company?
Girl from Smartpost: The seller, Apollo.
Silence in my end, because it's difficult to talk when you're speechless.
Girl from Smartpost: We will contact Apollo then.
Me: Ok.
Girl from Smartpost: But it will all take more time. Once they confirm it, we can pick up the package from the second floor, bring it to our warehouse and once there is an available locker on the first floor, we can deliver it. At the moment they become available very slowly, because people are not picking up their stuff and extend the storage.
Since I was in no hurry, I kindly approved the process. All the while not being able to understand, why now, when online shopping has been skyrocketing, they even allow extending. I'd say it would be more reasonable to bring those overdue items to their warehouse and not delay new shippings.

And I also have a package coming via Omniva. I got a paper notification that I can pick it up in their post office in Kristiine. In the light of the current situation the post office is open Mon to Fri from 10am to 6pm and on Sat from 10am to 3pm. Also known as the time, when I definitely won't be visiting the shopping center. And I can't also see any possibility to keep 2 meters distance there. So I asked them to reroute it to the lockers. Omniva informed me that under current circumstances it will take more time than usual, but will be done. So, now I'm waiting.

And actually we should be in Georgia right now. Hiking in the mountains around Khutaisi and eat all the gourmet there. Honestly, if we would have been able to get there, considering the current situation, we would have stayed there until the crap is over. Seems more reasonable than on the western front. But instead we are enjoying the beautiful sunny spring through the window and make plans, what time would be the best to go out to see as few people as possible. Dear reader, can you recall when it was the last time that we had such a nice sunny spring?

Kommentaare ei ole:

Postita kommentaar