pühapäev, 31. mai 2020

Pärnu. Birthday



After several years me and Scott were in the same country on my birthday and to not to skip traveling completely we booked us a hotel on the beach in Pärnu.

Arrived on Friday evening, we squeezed ourselves in between all that smoking crowd by the entrance and fairly contactless got our key. Being the ever so prepared travellers, we walked to a newer restaurant in old town and as always, ordered way too much food. Among other things we got a plate for two with different cheeses, tartar, pate, fish, prosciutto etc. We had almost polished the plate when I decided to try the goat cheese. I took a bite and before I could realize my mistake, I had already managed to bite into that. Whereas I put some goat cheese in my mouth, the thing I spat out was clear pork fat. We walked some on the beach and watched the sunset.

After my morning run on Saturday I can confirm that the beach in Pärnu is almost the same length as Klong Nin on Koh Lanta in Thailand. Well, in case the loyal reader cares for that information.

Breakfast was a bit more like a buffet than it was in Pühajärve - appetizers were all set out, each thing separately wrapped - cheese and ham slices covered with plastic wrap, jam, smoked fish etc in cute little jars. Coffee and prosecco was served and warm meals brought directly from the kitchen. Really nice.

Since Scott’s first encounter with Pärnu was during the February storm, where we were crouching by the walls, to have some cover from the rain and wind, we decided to have another sightseeing walk and looked at everything worth looking at. During the two hour walk we managed to see everything three times at least. Luckily after that there was time for a nap before heading out for dinner.

Turned out that post-corona Pärnu was popular place and two hours in advance we didn’t manage to get a table in Accord. But the one who pays, gets to choose the music, so we went to the Note. We had scallops and shrimps and roastbeef, creme brulee and little custard pancakes. Sunset we enjoyed with raspberry margaritas from the terrace of a nearby SPA Hotel.

Sunday morning run and late morning donuts and we made our way back to Tallinn.







Kommentaare ei ole:

Postita kommentaar