esmaspäev, 3. juuni 2019

Prague Diaries. Gestapo






Our Prague apartment is on two floors - on the first one we have bathroom, sleeping area, dining area and kitchen and on the second one attic with 3 beds in different bays. Robyn kindly offered the big bed to me and took a smaller one himself. His was under such a low ceiling, I was sure that when he's turning the side in the night, his gonna hit himself against the ceiling. Anyway, I fully enjoyed my spacious bed until 5am when the rising sun started to shine in from the curtainless round window just above the bed. I felt like the person who were interrogated by Stasi back in the times.

We started our day early again and by 8am were on our way to the cathedral. We enjoyed the views, listened to Robyn telling us how to recognise a Gothic style building and started to walk back down. By that time the hunger has reached the crowd and we planned to head to best bistro in town to have the best fried cheese on global level. The one I've mentioned previously as well, where the melted cheese is so silky and liquid that it slides down the throat like fresh oyster and which' breading is so thin and crunchy like the caramel on creme brulee in cafes in Paris. We marched into Lokal only to find out that there won't be any food served at 10am and we better come back at 11:30am. So we went to a terrace across the street and ordered some scrambled eggs (I could teach the chef how to make good ones), carbonara (best food on table, but I took a bite from Robyn's plate when he was already finishing it, so regretfully I couldn't contribute much into emptying his plate), Cesar salad with shrimps (have to trust Gerli's word that it was very good) and some fish and chips (where the fish apparently spent the better days of his youth a while ago). And then it turned out that in this fancy bistro it's not possible to pay with card. And the ATM in cooperation with Swedbank charged my account with 8 EUR for withdrawing the 40 euros that was the minimum amount to be withdrawn.

We walked to Lego museum. It's a museum, where out of 2,5 million Lego bricks the most famous buildings in Czech Republic have been built (everything with 1:40 scale) alongside with a row of interactive things like amusement park, marble factory etc. We pushed all the buttons, turned on all the lights and carousels and stronger ones also selfies with different buildings.

We returned to the apartment and had some siesta. In the afternoon we walked in the city and later I tried to convince Robyn to join me to the TV Tower, but he kindly declined the invitation telling me he's too tired. Well, I went to Starbucks to get a mug and some coffee. Bought the coffee, because the mug was too expensive.

Kommentaare ei ole:

Postita kommentaar