neljapäev, 20. august 2020

Baltics and the white sands. How I (unsuccessfully) tried to order some curd pancakes

 

 










We started the day with a morning run along the bay and went then to a nearby bistro for breakfast. I ordered their five-grain porridge and Scott took french fries and hot dogs. In 10 minutes Scott had his food and they tried to place a tray covered with every possible brunch item in front of me. I claimed that it doesn't look like porridge and jam at all and asked them to consult the chef again. 10 more minutes and my porridge arrived.

We had an island day trip planned for the day - community centers, local metropolis, some better dunes and a few forest hikes here and there. Started the car and made our way to Pervalka and Preila. Had some seaside walks in both, checked out some lovely homes and a few more modern examples of architecture (all very tastefully integrated into the milieu) and drove then to the gray dunes. Parked the car only to find out that the 30 EUR island fee doesn't count a penny here and to see the dunes we would need to pay 5 EUR per person. We kept on driving.

Next thing we had the Rami hill on our map, where we expected some magnificent views over forests and sandy beaches. However, the first view we got, was one of a wedding reception, where there was the happy couple posing to the photographer on the view point. We made a great background for the pics while enjoying the rest of the view and left to Juodkrante from there. Scott wanted to use a bathroom and I started to get hungry. We stepped into a lovely garden cafe in someone's back yard and found a table. Since they only had a menu in Lithuanian, the waitress offered to tell us, what they have. However, since I wanted the curd pancakes, I tried to explain to her that I want the sõrniki, the curt pancakes, made of quark. The waitress' face lit up and she informed me that not only have they pancakes, but they have piled them up into an impressive tower. I should not worry, she's got it. A few moments later, Scott's soda and my iced coffee arrived. And 10 minutes later she placed a colossal pile of pancakes and banana slices, all covered with jam in front of me. Regular think pancakes that hadn't seen the quark even from afar.

We also visited the wooden statues park and amber bay and returned to Nida.

Kommentaare ei ole:

Postita kommentaar