reede, 21. august 2020

Baltics and the white sands. Today we saw Russia.

 








 

During my morning run the weather was still slightly cloudy and the views over our Amber Bay absolutely enchanting. I almost forgot to finish the run, but we had brunch in Il Vino planned. They opened the restaurant at 10am and being the first customers at 10:02am we could choose our favourite seating on the rooftop terrace. Turned out that there's where our good luck ended. After we got seated, four more tables were filled, two of which families with kids and two single persons. All four tables were served before us and one of the solo guests finished her meal, paid and left all the while we still only had the views to enjoy. 45 minutes after sitting down we got the eggs (Scott approved) and oatmeal, for which I considered asking a knife, because, it was fairly difficult to break a piece from it with just the spoon.

We packed our picnic chairs and some food from fridge into the backpack and started the hike towards Russia. About half an hour later we found a perfect and totally empty dune in the forest, set up our picnic and enjoyed the delicious food and amazing views. Following the fence between Russia and Lithuania, we ended up in some splendid private beaches. Since we had only planned a little hike in the forest and on dunes, I clearly didn't bring my bikini... I wrapped the beach towel around me, tied it up on the back and swam like a decent muslim woman.

For the dinner, I decided to introduce the creme de la creme of Lithuanian cuisine to my husband and ordered zeppelinis. They still tasted just like ... well, zeppelinis. Like ground meat, covered with a lot of tasteless potato starch. I had nothing to complain about my burger and fries.

Since the sun rises on our side of the peninsula and sets on the other, we decided that on our last evening here, we're gonna check out the sunset too and walked 25 minutes to the west coast. What wasn't there, was the setting sun. However, we were greeted by a lot of clouds and a light pink stripe, where the sun most likely was at that moment.

Meanwhile, the restaurant that we planned to visit in Vilnius had sent me an email that in the summer they are closed on the weekends... Well, their business idea wasn't very clear for us, but it was obvious that it doesn't make any sense to go to Vilnius, if we can't eat in Bistro18. So, we took the map and after consulting map, Google and my dad, we decided to stay the night in Šiauliai.

Kommentaare ei ole:

Postita kommentaar