laupäev, 13. aprill 2019

The Smart One doesn't rush



Where have I lived so far? And more important, where will I live? In sweet darkness, is the correct answer to the first question. And in Frenchy and arepa joint to the second. Until I make it to the Guiness World Records. Because soon there is no Peppa the Big Pig anymore, but the winner of "America's Next Huge Model". Loyal reader must have noticed, how I was hunting for best arepas in D.C. and Las Vegas. Well, now I found out that just here, in Telliskivi, I can buy awesome arepas every Monday. With chicken, beans, shredded pork... Fortunately the arepa joint is there only once a week. Something, that can't be said about Frenchy, which is right there open six days a week. Between two of them they cover the week nicely. Anyway, for years I was able to look to the other direction when Frenchy had those caneles on the counter until just recently, when I was having lunch with Scott and finally ate one. Which clearly was a huge mistake, because already the next day I went back there and bought half a bag of them for take away. Having bought a fresh warm Muhu black bread just few minutes earlier. And don't think the mentioned ones are all I've had until now...

I bought a no scent extra foamy coconut soap recently. Can't comment much on the foam, but it smells like waterlogged scrubbing bar. After washing hands, I wasn't even able to lift my hands anywhere near my face. And nose. If this would have happened in US, the soap would have been returned by now. How the local department store would react here, I have no idea.

However, a shop assistant in the same department store reacted rather unexpectedly, when I asked, if they still have the drawing tablets - " Sold out, I think, we don't have any more". Because, why check, if you're not sure...

And last piece of today's news is from the section "The smart one doesn't rush". Last summer I had the wallpaper changed in bedroom and living room. About a week after that, sitting on the couch on a sunny afternoon, I noticed that the wall was covered with huge marks of glue. Scott wanted to grab a cloth and some soapy water and wash them off in the winter, but I somehow thought that there are better things to do than scrubbing the freshly installed wallpaper. Well, today morning I decided to try, how the glue would work with my fancy cleaning tissue. I didn't even have to soak the tissue - the sun had worked its magic and while brushing the wall with the tissue I just watched how dry glue snowed everywhere. 15 minutes and clean walls. Would have taken a week probably to wash off the fresh glue.

Kommentaare ei ole:

Postita kommentaar