reede, 23. september 2022

My family and other animals. Trip to the European Union.

 




















Since Greece is a stone's throw from here, more precisely, a 30-minute ferry flight across the water, we decided to go to Corfu for a daytrip. I had also conveniently chosen the accommodation right next to the port, so like some nerds we arrived among the first ones and were ready for action at the quay. The boat left about half an hour later than schduled, and 30 more minutes later we stepped onto Greek soil. It was a blessing that we were among the first ones to get out of the boat as the passport control queue stretched behind us as far as the eye could see, and for the last ones in the queue, it would probably not have made sense for them to go through passport control at all, but to get directly into the boat sailing back. Some old aunty tried to cut the lane, but she didn't realize that she was dealing with a Soviet toughened woman there.

I handed my ID card to a guy wearing a rock band tour shirt (since he was sitting in a booth behind the glass, it was fair to assume that he was the border control), who then threw it across the table to the girl next to him. It seems that they only had one reader for cards. In the meantime, the rock music fan's computer also crashed, which caused him to stomp out of the booth altogether. The girl then left the passport check she had been busy with for the last five minutes and restarted his computer. She also slid my ID card go through the reader and I got permitted into the country. Scott was also checked five minutes later.

Since we had the ship so early that we didn't get the breakfast on the roof of the hotel, I had chosen a place for brunch and we headed there. After seeing the menu, it was clear that I could park myself there for the whole day because I wanted to eat more or less everything they offered. But I still stuck to my eggs benedict and salmon. Scott had sandwich and fries.

Next stop, Starbucks, where it turned out that they already have full fall mood and the menu is full of pumpkin drinks. OMGosh how good my Cold Brew Pumpkin Spice drink was. We brought another mouth-watering lemon donut from the next stall, because obviously you can never have too much bread and sugar.

The rest of the time we walked around the city, enjoying the non-existent traffic, empty streets and lack of garbage. The 4:30 ferry brought us nicely to the door of our Albanian home at 4 o'clock. We were the first to rush through the passport control, and at a quarter past five we threw ourselves down on our bed.

In the evening, we decided to take advantage of the proximity of the sea again and went to the Captain's Taverna. Scott had the fried cod and I had the grilled gilthead. The cods were super delicious and tender (except for the moment when I cut off the head of the first one and poked the eye of the fish with a fork while starting to lift it onto another plate).


Kommentaare ei ole:

Postita kommentaar