reede, 24. veebruar 2023

Blue Lagoon. 50




Alarm at three, taxi at 3:45am and by four we were waiting in the airport security check with all the package travellers to Hurghada. The line moved quickly until both of my bags went through additional inspection. The first one was checked for explosives and the second one was checked for packed apples. All that took 16 minutes.

Tallinn-Riga departure was delayed, so we had to pick up our pace at Riga airport and arrived at the gate just in time for boarding. We got whole row of three seats for the two of us, and totally unexpectadly a croissant with ham and cheese and a bottle of water were also served. I don't know what premium class tickets I had purchased for us because the said gourmet was only served to some passengers.

In Paris we had 6+ hours to explore all of Terminal C. It takes about 1000 steps to walk from one end to the other, if anyone is interested.

The plane was overbooked and that created quite a mess with the seating of some passengers. Anyway, the lucky ones who got on board all got their seats finally. I was happy when I discovered that instead of 11 hours, it takes only 9 hours and 10 minutes to cross the Atlantic. To balance this out there was an exceptionally poor selection of movies, and since I didn't want to watch Beethoven, I read some books for most of the nine hours and listened to a child screaming its lungs out a few rows ahead.

On the plus side, there were passengers sitting around us who did their part to keep the plane clean and tidy by not wearing shoes to the toilets.

The border crossing went quickly, and I already ordered an Uber for us while walking through the baggage area. We exited the terminal and suddenly the bunch of taxi drivers bombarded us, all of them talking about how it's not safe to drive with Uber and the price is cheap at first, but then they ask for much more money and they don't even come anyway. By that time, our Honda also arrived and we started putting our lugage in the trunk. Simultaneously my phone started to iang again and a Dominican number was on the screen. I asked the Uber driver if he was call me. He thought that the phone in his pocket was ringing by accident. Took it out and no calls were going out. He then asked if I was Yulia, whom he was there to pick up. Since I'm not Yulia, we unloaded our bags from the trunk and by that time the Uber actually ordered by Gaili also arrived.

We drove to the hotel and went to sleep.

Kommentaare ei ole:

Postita kommentaar