laupäev, 3. november 2018

When Life hands you a Lemon

Dear reader, today I want to share my disappointment with you. I recently just wrote how much I like running with Bill and that my relationships with neighbours are skyrocketing. Anyway, slowly the book neared the end and I chose my next masterpiece by Bill. One that included 3 books in one file. But it turned out that Bill in such an amount is not nearly as good of a companion. More precisely - he's the one reading his own books in this case. And although his writing is great, his vivid reading skills or the lack thereof still needs some practice. Or slightly more than some. Anyway, in dudgeon I started the already finished book from start again. Well, I've missed few parts anyway.

And since I'm already sharing, you should know that actually my disappointments are not limited with the fact that Bill Bryson is not capable reading his own books in an enjoyable way. I found some low sugar puddings in Solaris yesterday. Got a chocolate and a vanilla one. Tried the chocolate one last night - there was so much artificial sugar that the intense sweetness almost made my eyes water. Today, I very hesitantly opened the vanilla one. It tasted like uncooked bechamel sauce. Well, our ways with protein puddings will part now.

But the sugar topic just reminded me of a coconut yogurt, sold in vegan aisles (the ones that I usually look at as museum pieces, because one tiny cup costs over two euros). It has 7,7 grams of carbs, out of which sugars are 11,4 grams. Go figure. Kinda like some ketchups, where they've put 10lb of tomatoes into 16oz bottle. Or something like that.

Kommentaare ei ole:

Postita kommentaar