esmaspäev, 2. märts 2020

Boring sand and empty field. Upgrade.



I planned to start with breakfast, because what could be more important topic to share with my dear readers than the gourmet experience, even if it hasn't been a delicious experience, but truth be told, there are more matter-of-fact problems to share. Which are language skills. Or the lack there of. Long story short - besides me and Helena nobody speaks English here. But everyone speaks Russian. The tourists, which are 95% Russians as well as all the customer service in resort and out of it. Once they learn that we are from Estonia, they can also say "Tere-tere!" or "Kuidas läheb?" But every other conversation is in Russian. Fellow tourists ask for direction in Russian, inquire about food ingredients in Russian (apparently I carry a sign on my forehead that states that I offer dietary consultations in Russian) and ask about at least 10 other things that I'm unable to understand. The service keeps greeting us with cheerful Zdrastje and doesn't seem bothered by my reply in English. They must consider me some kind of Russian social claim berlin, who considers herself higher than speaking mother tongue. But there's also a positive note to all that - today afternoon we were considered Swedes by a local taxi driver and then Danish. So, there seemed to be a slight upgrade. But I still plan to buy a t-shirt that states that "Ja ne gavarju po russki" (I don't speak Russian).

And now about food. I gave the oatmeal second chance. Turned out that this bland joke of a meal can't be saved even with salt and apricot jam. So I had some bread and fruits. I also noticed on the board that yesterday again they wasted 8kg of food. I promised that tomorrow I won't keep doing my tests with oatmeal.

We spent the morning on the beach, the wind had slowed down and it already felt much more relaxing. I also went for a run and while doing so, got a good overview of nearby shopping options.

For the lunch we had booked the table in Paradise Reef and instead of buffee they had a la carte options. I went for chicken strips with french fries. Totally appropriate change for all the rice and watery veggies.

After lunch we made another trip to wifi - there's wifi here only in the main building and by the main pool. And since by the main pool there is a constant party from 10am until late (with very loud music and whoop-whoop screams they try to get all the ladies to join them in dance and some other acts), we usually prefer to spend our sunbath time by the Chillax pool.

Next to the neighbouring resort there is a spot on the map marked as very picturesque. We were hoping to see some breathtaking sunsets views from there. We walked there and while standing on the abandoned gravel grounds the view we took in, was lovely indeed. Few other tourists joined us and one couple asked us in Russian (Do I actually need to spell the language out every time? It's not that anyone is using any other language to approach us here) what hotel is there? Slightly confused I looked around to see what other hotel could there be on this abandoned ground than something that's called like "Camping Ground for everyone" or "Oasis of Tents" or "Hilton Tent". So they elaborated their inquiry and asked, if we know, where Grand Hotel might be. Unfortunately we couldn't help them.

Kommentaare ei ole:

Postita kommentaar