esmaspäev, 23. august 2021

Here in London Town: Beat that, Usain Bolt!

 




We got home by 6pm last night and by 10pm I had unpacked my things, washed and dried my laundry and packed again. To fly to London this morning.

In the morning I went to take a covid test because you can only enter UK with a vaccine passport and a negative test before and after the flight. And with a passenger declaration. Considering that I had been to six different countries during the last 10  days, it took me more than 45 minutes to fill the declaration and a lot of swearing. At 2pm I was at the airport and instead of the scheduled 2:45pm the plane departed at 3:05pm. Add the bus gate in Helsinki and my 40-minute transfer time turned into 8 minutes. I bolted to the passport control wearing the mask and my backpack and then from there to the gate. All sweaty, gasping for that little air through the mask, and boarding as last one the plane. And… the first thing I did in London was to take the test again…

At the hotel I got an upgrade to a room with a view on the eighth floor, and quite surprisingly for London, firstly the room was extremely large, secondly very funky and thirdly with just one tap in the bathroom! For the first time ever in London, I could wash my hands with warm water, not left with hot and right with cold!

Kommentaare ei ole:

Postita kommentaar