pühapäev, 22. august 2021

Powered by Nature: The next Capital

 






The morning started with an absolutely incredible sunrise. I noticed the first teaser from the bed, pulled on my jacket and ran to the upper deck.

Once I got back to the cabin, it was 6am and high time to go down to eatery to have breakfast before arrival at 7:15am. After we got back to the cabin, it turned out that the cleaning team had already been there, moved our belongings, stripped the bed and taken used towels from the shower. When we asked about it at the information desk, we were told that cleaning of the cabins would actually start before arrival. I was just glad we didn't leave our underwear on the bed before leaving for breakfast.

The road from Turku to Helsinki took about an hour and a half, we parked in the port again and walked from there to the city centre. I had everything important planned - we will have lunch in Tamarin. I had checked their website - the restaurant is open as usual. It became apparent that everything else was closed until noon on Sunday, and since we were relatively tired, we had little interest in walking around the city.

In any case, it was 12 noon finally, which means that Tamarin had to open. We walked to the entrance, and clearly the place that hadn't been open in a while was Tamarin. There was hardly anything open at all and we finally found ourselves at Taco Bell. I took  Taco Supreme with chicken breast. And was served taco with ground meat. At least they replaced it fairly quickly.

We had had enough of walking and decided to take Uber to the port. On Sunday in central Helsinki, the nearest Uber was 15 minutes away. But well, we were tired. I started to confirm the order. The app informed me that a mask is required and told me to prove that I'm wearing the mask by taking a picture of myself wearing the mask and uploading it. So we walked to the harbour. Scott slept all the way to Tallinn. Except for those five minutes when I ran down in the car to get him a blanket and he had to reject a damsel who wanted to take my place.

Kommentaare ei ole:

Postita kommentaar