pühapäev, 6. jaanuar 2019

Go blue. Daytrip












I feel that yesterday needs a dedicated blog post. I'm usually not the we-woke-up-in-the-morning-and-had-sunny-side-up type of blogger, but I make an exception regarding yesterday. I can still remember an actual book I tried to read once. It might have been Indrek Jääts's book "Asian Diaries. From Northern India to Southern China", where already the first chapter started with description how the author woke up in his hotel room and saw the blue sky from window. Anyway, I never made it through the chronological description of day one. But coming back to yesterday, we drove to Detroit to have brunch in one of our favourite places. I decided not to risk and took again Benny's eggs with cold-smoked salmon and a cup of coffee. Scott ordered a chicken sandwich that looked like chicken burger and huge bowl of french fries with truffle oil, bacon and cheese. Those Benny's eggs were just as good as I remembered: half of English muffin (why they call that bun a muffin, beats me) covered with cold-smoked salmon, capers, poached egg and sauce hollandaise. There were two of those muffin towers on my plate and accompanied with a handful of green leafs that they called side salad. Everything was just delicious. Also Scott's french fries. I didn't take a bite of his chicken sandwich tho.

After the brunch we walked some in the city, checked out the winter market, walked at the river, looked at Canada and visited the mirror house. Inside of an abandoned bank they had built a maquette of a typical middle class home purely out of mirrors. Add the pompeous interior of the bank lobby with all the arches and the light show and the result was amazing. Since it was obvious that we won't have any of the donuts or wine on the winter market because we were still full of brunch, we made our way to Northville, where I had seen in Google that should have a cool abandoned school. We didn't manage to find that, so we continued to Howell to go to Tommy Hilfiger outlet. While driving through Howell it stroke us how cute that little town was and decided to have a walk there after the shopping was done. All those nice and tasteful Christmas decorations and everything. And then we saw the Dairy Queen. Open and all. Those readers with better memory know about our adventures with the Queen of Dairy and can understand the excitement in the car. We were ready to hit the breaks and get in right there and now, but did have to admit that we were still full from brunch. We then remembered that when we last brunched in the 10-cent Store, we also didn't need more food until the evening.

The only interesting store in the outlet center is Tommy Hilfiger and for 110 USD I scored 2 dresses, 3 sweaters, 1 button-up shirt and 3 pairs of socks. For another 110 USD Gerli got the same set of items. I had to go twice to try the things on because they have the 6 items limit... After the first round I gave the chosen stuff to Scott for safekeeping, who then gave them to the non-trustful floor employee, so I could easily get those after done with fitting. When I after the second fitting round went to collect my stuff, the mentioned employee tried to convince me that my husband gave him that ugly farmer's shirt and few more pointless item to keep for me. Oh well, had to find my stuff from the racks again.

We drove back to Howell, had Pecan Blizzard by our Queen of Dairy, walked around a bit and went to Walmart. Because the online ordered slow juicer turned out to be very-very slow and we wanted to return it. My second ever visit to Walmart. Based on Internet I've lived under the illusion that it's an extremely cheap and low-quality goods store, where only the third America goes for shopping. Like 250 pound female, who has squeezed herself in XS tights and who's tiny shoulder strap top barely covers the nipples and her 6 kids with at least 5 different dads, most of them spending currently some quality time in jail. Anyway, that's where our daytrip had taken us. The clothes were priced matching the quality and fashion - one could buy for example one dollar shirts. Groceries on the other hand were way more expensive than by Aldi, but I'm glad that Walmart's clients haven't discovered Aldi yet. However, Walmart did have family size everything. 18-egg boxes, corn flakes in a cardboard box in the size of double-door fridge, milk in cow-size cans.

We made a stop by the local Bed and Breakfast here, but turned out that they had already removed most of their ugly Christmas decorations and the display was rather disappointing.

Kommentaare ei ole:

Postita kommentaar