reede, 4. jaanuar 2019

Go blue. The big disappointment.

Caused by the current government of Estonia. I consider myself more or less average - not really aspiring after Nobel Science Price, but most of the cases getting the everyday issues rather well. And until now I thought that even the new income tax system is fairly understandable for me. Because, after all, it's not worked out by some Nobel Price laureates, but by rather random people, who have gotten their jobs without any serious competition or recruitment process. So, considering the bunch, who is currently leading and managing the country, it can't be anything too complicated for an average Estonian, right? But boy, was I wrong. Until now I thought that if I don't use my monthly income tax free minimum and don't have any other income but the salary then this year I will be getting back the amount I paid more for each month. Sounds logical, right? Especially since the yearly income does not exceed the amount, where you don't have any income tax free amount. Turned out that we clearly have been using different calculators, because using the yearly income now as base for the calculations, I found out that I will be getting back only 2/3 of what I thought I was. The only thing that I can say now, is that it was a good decision to not use my tax free amount every month, because in that case I would be owing the country money.

And this tax related disappointment is followed by the next one. We sometimes play board games with Scott, lately "5 second role". The game consists of few hundred cards, each of them containing a question that requires a list of three as answer. Time limit for the answer is the mentioned 5 seconds. For example name three things you can find in bedroom or name three soft drinks or name three universities on east coast. And so on. If Scott thinks, looking at the card that I don't know the answer anyway, he just sets the card aside and picks next one. Well, for example when the question is about three songs of a less known country singer. Not that I know any of them :) It would be just as logical as one would expect Scott to be able to name three songs by Toomas Anni. Anyway, in the middle of the game he did set another card aside and when I checked, what was the question, it turned out that Scott didn't consider me capable to name three presidents. I do understand that I'm not a hotshot when it comes to contemporary tax system in Estonia, but I can easily name 3 or more US or any presidents within 5 seconds.

Whilst out running today, I was just thinking, how I've rarely seen any people pushing strollers here, when I more or less ran into one on the street corner, who was not only walking but running with the stroller. The stroller must have had engine, how else can you explain that soon after she started to run past me.

Few days ago I stepped into the app century and made myself the Smart-ID. Why I didn't have it before, I can only blame Mihkel Raud for that, because back when the Smart-ID became available, he wrote a long post about it and the main thing, I remembered from there was that unlike mobile-ID that just pops up, the Smart-ID you have to open manually yourself. It seemed so much extra effort that I didn't bother starting to use it. However now when the banks started to close the code cards and being abroad it's rather costly to use mobile-ID to visit the bank, I was forced to make Smart-ID. Turned out that either Mihkel's phone wasn't cooperating with him or they have updated their product since then, but visiting the bank with Smart-ID is just as easy as with mobile-ID. But the reason I mentioned this topic in the first place, is that when I use it to log in from a laptop, I need to enter my username, my social number and then the PIN, but if I log in from Mac, the user name and PIN are strangely enough.

For some unknown reason my email address is in the mailing list of Indian Embassy in Helsinki and so every now and then I receive invitations to different parties and concerts. Well, actually I do know the reason - some ten or more years ago I sent them an inquiry about transit visa for India. Answer yet to come, by the way. It seems though that GDPR has reached also Indian Embassy and few days ago they sent out an email to all the several hundred people in their list to confirm , if they still want to remain in the mailing list and also update their data and explain the relationship with India. The email reached publicly all the several hundred mailboxes and the members happily informed everyone that they still want to be invited to the parties and gave the relationship status. Now I know that Svetlana and Leonid are interested in parties, but Ilona from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs has meanwhile moved to the Embassy in London and would rather not receive any further emails. Well, I guess, I will stop sending her emails then...

While preparing breakfast today morning, I watched two deer walking around in the forest :)

Kommentaare ei ole:

Postita kommentaar