neljapäev, 24. jaanuar 2019

Go blue. Find, where they hide




Dear reader, I've previously expressed my dissatisfaction with the public restrooms (restrooms, mind you, not toilets) here. Despite the fact that I come form a society, where "forest break" was used as synonym for "public toilet", I would like to think that some time has passed since then and nowadays it would be possible to take care of this kind of needs in a bit more privately than ducking behind a tree. But not in this country. And here also pictures to show, how the toilet doors covers you just as much as the stall doors in my high school 25 years ago. And since we are talking about sanitary rooms here, in addition to the fact that everyone can look (look, not peek) into the stall and that the automatic flushing system manages to flush 5 times while I'm in the stall, also the toilet paper rolls are almost on the floor. To grab the paper, you don't only need to squat, but also bend down while squatting.

Since the most convenient and cheap option to shop here is Amazon (easy return, shipping within two days, sometimes even next day), we have packages on our doorstep every day or every other day. Sometimes several a day. The mail(wo)men bring the packages to the door, leave on the doorstep and drive on to the next house. Now they have started to take pictures of the package they did throw on the doormat and I can see under my Amazon orders those lonely waiting packages. Noticed from our bedroom window the other day that the mail-lady was coming. However, she didn't go like usually to the main door, but walked to garage door and left the packages on the side of garage. I would have found those several days later.

Scott woke up with some kind of stomach ache and being a loving wife, I made him a cup of chamomile tea. Since he doesn't like hot beverages, I told him to drink it later, when it's on room temperature. An hour later he poured it down the sink, because it apparently smells and tastes gross. I should tell him, how the fingers of the little eastern-European back in the days the chamomile flowers picked, so that in case of some pain or infection there would be tea to drink. I'm sure, he's trying to figure out, how he ended up with this treehugger, who tries to poison him with the rowans and offers him some herb tea, when he's already feeling lousy. I'm sure, he wouldn't touch the pine sprouts either.

Kommentaare ei ole:

Postita kommentaar