kolmapäev, 8. mai 2019

Here in London Town. Alarm.

 

The light migraine from last night had turned into a heavy one by this morning. I took a pill, stopped by in Leon, got a porridge with fresh blueberries (or so I thought) and a cup of coffee and walked to the office with enthusiastic assumption that the pill works its magic and soon I'll be migraineless again and feeling much better. A barely survived the first meeting, cancelled everything else for the first half of the day and returned to the hotel to sleep. Few hours into that I started to feel better, when suddenly all the fire alarms went off. At first I hoped, it's some testing or technical error, but it didn't seem to stop. With the more pounding head ache I got dressed and walked out of my room. The first cleaning lady I saw and asked, what is going on, could only shake her head and tell me "Sorry, no English!". I tried again using more simple words, but she only managed to add two more phrases: "Reception. No lift!" So I walked down from the 7th floor, made it to the reception and saw a notification which stated that every Wednesday between 9am and 12pm they have fire alarm testing for our safety. In my humble opinion they failed miserably because I didn't see any customers evacuating. Or what use are those tests, if nobody gets out of the building in case of fire? Anyway, by that moment I was so pissed with my migraine there that I fairly impolitely asked why they don't have this information in the room? Or in the lifts? Or in the booking email? Or why wasn't it mentioned two days earlier while we checked in? "Sorry, but we have this information here on the counter" Like ... seriously? Do all the other Travelodge customers just in case stop by reception every day in today's information and digital era to see, if they might have some printed out information on the counter? By the way, they also don't have any phones in rooms, so you also can't call them to ask what's going on. Even writing this my blood pressure goes up again.

Within next hour I got my migraine under control and returned to the office. Today I was smarter and visited M&S before 8pm, got a bunch of fresh raspberries, tomato and mozzarella salad, parmesan chips, fresh orange juice and few more things and made my way back to the hotel.


And here's a lovely picture of Leon's porridge. Left one is the picture form their menu and right one the porridge I got.

Kommentaare ei ole:

Postita kommentaar