kolmapäev, 22. august 2018

The Food Critic has spoken


I read the label of my Vitamin C and it stated that taking the vitamin would decrease exhaustiveness and tiredness. I think, my vitamins are defected. 

We visited the recently opened restaurant Ülo just beginning of the July. Since they were out of half the items on the menu, our choice was limited with sweet potato fries and different salads. The fries were nice and crispy and served with green mayonnaise and kimchi on side. My noodle salad was not the greatest, but it can also be that I expected thicker ramen noodle like noodles not the hair thin likes. The fresh salad was, as written, nicely on spinach pad. Few days ago we went there again and since having a bigger group, we could choose from limited menu. For a second I thought of sitting to the next table and place my shrimp order there (in July they were just out of shrimps and this time it wasn't included in the group menu). But getting out from where I was sitting didn't make the shrimps being worth the candles. Our limited menu included sweet potato fries, fresh salad with spinach and mango and beef taco from the starters and spinachorsotto, mushroom ramen and white fish from the mains. Pasta and pizza for the kids. I took the fries and fresh salad. Ramen and orsotto didn't appeal anyone and I think, we ordered at least 8 portions of fries. After the first ones arrived to the table I managed to cut in and tell them to hold the horses and not soak mine with the mayonnaise. Turned out, I should I have been more specific and ask them to serve also kimchi on side. Oh, well, at least my by that time only partly crispy sweet potato fries were only covered with spicy sauerkraut and were saved from mayonnaise. Kika asked Lorenzo, what does he think of the dinner. Lorenzo thought that he will go home after dinner and prepare a nice pasta. 5 minutes later he thought that he can't really wait any longer for that pasta, he gathered the kids and most of the guys and walked next door to have some burgers. His initial dinner choice was beef taco (6.30 EUR) that is pictured with a fork to show the size. While they were having burgers, our next round arrived and instead of expected spinach salad I got a plate full of lettuce with 5 little spinach leafs.

The hottest topic in the last year - whether or not to turn the clock twice a year and to which direction, seems to have reached first interim finish - since the one hour time change every spring is apparently messing up the health of 80% of Estonians so that they spend weeks without sleeping and can't eat a bite, in the name of people's health they will not change between summer and winter time anymore. Next topic to solve, was, whether to remain in summer or winter time. Since our zone time is winter time, all those people with fragile health want to remain in winter time to not to spend the rest of their lives exhausted because they would need to get up an hour earlier. My preference is summer time, as I value our white nights very highly. I don't really care, if we keep switching the time or not, but I don't want to keep living the stress that we might end up in constant dark winter time.

Kommentaare ei ole:

Postita kommentaar