neljapäev, 27. september 2018

Go blue. Restaurant bills, rainbow and other daily topics


Few days ago, when going to the cinema, we saw the biggest and brightest rainbow. Why you can’t see it here at the moment, is not that I wouldn’t want to share the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow with you, but rather that I forgot my phone home. I did remember it while we were backing out, but I saved myself the trouble of running back inside, because there was no wifi in the cinema anyway and we didn’t plan to go to any picturesque places. Well, plan again. Instead I can share the sunset picture taken in the parking lot of TJ Maxx.

At the beginning it was really unused to me that right after getting your dessert or answering the waitress question of how we are and if everything is under control with “We’re good” we found the bill on the corner of the table. It felt like turning on the lights in the cinema after the movie or watching your hosts yawning and changing into pyjamas - clear hint that you’ve been loitering long enough and it’s time to beat it. However, reading an informative as usually article recently about what do Americans wrong while traveling, I found out that it’s perfectly normal here that as soon as the waitress notices that they aren’t getting any more money out of you, the bills lands on the table. And in Europe, on the other hand, those poor American tourists can sit for hours and wait for the bill, because nobody is kicking them out without them asking first.

Last winter I mentioned the telenovela few times, that we started to watch - Jane the Virgin. In April we watched the last episode of the season three and patiently started to wait for season 4. But consulting Google-Know-All the other day, it turned out that there was still one more episode of season three to watch. We corrected the mistake in the same evening and since it ended with few cliffhangers, we are way less patiently waiting for January 2019 when they plan to screen the next season. #correctingmistakesmyass

I have already written about the doors of public toilets, sorry, restrooms here. Or to be more precise that those toilet doors made by the frugal Americans don’t reach the wall, but remain about an inch from the wall. Giving everyone, who wishes it, the chance to have a peek in. But more and more places have automatic flushing now. Which makes me wonder, if those rather big American ladies have tiny bladders. How else to explain it that every time, I’m still halfway done with my business, when the water is already flushing. Sometimes it even happens twice before I’m done.

Kommentaare ei ole:

Postita kommentaar