laupäev, 1. september 2018

Boston in Pocket. That's it?




Arrived at 5am in the airport with almost no incidents. And if there wouldn't have been unexpected roadconstruction in front of the terminal covered with a loose piece of wood, I wouldn't have almost fallen over either. Anyway, started to pull out my laptop from my backpack when I accidentally turned on my electric tooth brush. All the stories in media about Tallinn Airport evacuating all passengers, because somebody had checked in an adult toy, which made all the alarms go off, flashing in fron of my eyes, I dived into my backpack, trying to find that damn toothbrush and the button to switch it off, before somebody starts to suspect that I try to smuggle dildos across the border.

Tip for environmentally concsious travellers from Tallinn Airport, who bring their own water bottle to fill it frm the tap - in the baby changing / toilet room is the only tap in terminal, where you can regulate the water temperature and actually get cold water. Filling your bottle from any other tap you can add a Lipton tea package into the bottle as well and enjoy a nice hot tea 5 minutes later.

Wifi was working perfectly on board and despite having Kidle in my purse, reading seemed so yesterday. If you compare it with 9 hours pointlessly browsing internet. Roaming was also working and somebody choose the time when I was 12km high from ground to call me.

Two rows from me a family with a three year old was traveling. Since the girl was obviously to big to fit on the changing table in the small toilet, all the six times she shit her diapers, she was changed right there on the seat.

Scott, whose flight arrived an hour later, was already waiting for me in the terminal, but then again, he didn't have to spend some quality time with 50 immigrants, trying to smuggle themselves into the country either.

Arrived at a very reasonable time to our room, went out and walked to a nearby bridge and ate some dinner. Early bed just to watch the ceiling at 6am next morning. Waking up at 6am also meant that by 8am we were already in breakfast place and managed to get the last seats before the last seats. And there I had been, thinking that we were early birds :D Menu seemed to be like: I want everything! Until I saw the portions that were brought to the tables. After that I only wanted a quarter from one. The lady next to us got pancakes which meant two huge, main course plate size and thick blueberry pancakes that I would have labeled as cakes or pies without consulting the menu first. And fed the students of few smaller African countries for a week. There were only 5 slices of french toast on  a plate, but one slice was 4 times bigger and thicker than our usual slice of toast. Scott ordered himself half a portion of hot dog (i.e. One hot dog, because the official portion was two of them), that arrived with a tray full of french fries. And in case someone thinks about the tiny hot doggies sold in Estonian gas stations, well, guess again. And double the size of the bread and saucage. I ordered greek yoghurt with muesli and asked them to add some blueberries too. The waitress stopped her pen halfway and looked at me: "That's it?" Well, yeah, should I have added strawberries too?

We walked to one of the main streets, where Scott notices few police officers on duty and being a people's person, started chatting with them. Asked about the airport, which police is there (state or federal or municipal) and told them about my last nights immigration experience and mentioned that his wife is from Europe and pretty sure, there was something else, I just can't remember at the moment.

Visited the Skywalk Observatory. We added 5 dollars each to the tickets (that were 20 dollars each) to be able to go back and enjoy the night views too. But first we anjoyed the sunny views over Boston. All that sightseeing was exhausting, so we walked back to our room and had a little nap. It was my second that day, because after breakfast I already slept an hour. In the afternoon we went to the North End to find an Italian place for dinner and found one. Instead of sitting comfortably at tables in the restaurant, Scott wanted to sit at the country, so he could watch football. Which kinda surprised me, because it was mid of the day and weren't the games in the evening? After hearing my comment, Scott stopped the first waitress and told her in lot of words how this european tourist knows nothin bout football. Of course there are games all day long. Anyway, the tourist got the last word and we ate at the table.

At the same time in the most popular Italian place half an hour before opening, the line was at least 100 meters long.

The sun had set and we reutrned to the observatory to enjoy the night views. While enter inglise, nobody checked our tickets and we could have saved those 10 dollars. It also turned out that there was some private party going on and part of the observatory closed for public. So, we looked at half the views and Scott went back to the counter to tell the guy that since we only got to see half the view, we want half of the night view fee back. The not so bright guy at the counter thought that we want the all money (50USD) back not just half the additional fee (5USD) and apologised that he can't do that. He can only refund us the 10 dollars, we paid for the night view. Since it was twice as much as we hoped for, we took it and walked home.

Kommentaare ei ole:

Postita kommentaar