reede, 21. september 2018

Go blue. Walks and runs with Bill.

I have to share my recent discovery! It's the audio books! I've always thought that those are more for the ... elderly people, who otherwise would listen to read-alouds in the radio, but I had to change my opinion here. I guess, I've mentioned that the closest grocery store here is the Busch's, where I get, when shortcutting through the forest, with 17 minutes. And despite of having pretty nice and fast way there, I'm not really happy with their prices. Aldi, on the other hand, where I like the produce section and prices, is way too far. Kroger, just 35 minutes away, can be seen as a compromise and also has the added bonus of TJ Maxx next to it. Two flies with one shopping. And 35 minutes is not really a lot of time. Barely 5000 steps one way. The actual downside of the route is that the shortest option is so boring that I would rather lye in the garden and watch grass grow. It's 300 meters to the main street and then 30 minutes down the straight street until it's time to turn into the parking lot of the store. And the street is not lined with best examples of architecture. Anyway, I've expressed my dissatisfaction with the route there few times and Scott told me to suck it up, we will not move closer to the stores, nor will Aldi open a store in downtown Ann Arbor.

I needed to go to TJ Maxx again yesterday and already standing there, shoes on, I got the idea of downloading an audio book. In Amazon it turned out that if I join the Audible Prime, I get two audio books for free. Joined the VIP club and downloaded a Bill Bryson. With less than 5 minutes I had the book, downloaded the app and started the book. All the way to the store I was listening to how Bill after 20 years of living abroad returned to USA and made a road trip to small towns on east coast.

I went for a run today and started the book again instead of the usual playlist. The people I saw on the streets, thought, I was smiling at them and waived all happily. I was listening the entertaining stories of Bill Bryson adventures.

Kommentaare ei ole:

Postita kommentaar