esmaspäev, 14. mai 2018

Good Morning, Vietnam! Looking from up to down to Hanoi






Since we couldn't figure out, how to correctly use the AC, I woke up three times during the night, being totally sweating. By 6AM I gave up and got up and took a shower and went for breakfast. Seeing nothing but plates and plates full of colorful peeled and cut fruits, I was already happy  imagining how I was gonna lose weight and look llike a supermodel soon when the waitress arrived, gave me a menu and told to order anything I want. Menu was full of all kinds of eggs, pancake, sandwiches, vietnamese breakfasts and some more items that I can't even remember. I had some joghurt and a banana pancake.

Once my roommate got up and showered and fed, we made our way to the first temple. In no time it was checked and we were sitting in the nearest cafe ordering some fresh juice. Went back to the hotel to work out the next steps. Next step was next temple. Again not very impressive, so we moved to the next restaurant. Found one, with two white gentelmen sitting there, one of which tried to unsucsessfully make a joke. Poor joke, since he had to explain it to us. I ordered coffee and french fries. He shaked his head - no french fries. Helena ordered mango smoothie and fried tofu. He jumped on his bike and was back in 5 minutes, carrying a bag full of mangoes. Why he couldn't buy there some potatoes, beats me. Rest of the menu was gourmet like fried frog skins etc, so I limited myself with the coffee.

Walked back to the hotel, to figure out next plans. First thing, we postponed the daytrip planned for tomorrow. And decided to go to the biggest department mall in the capital, covering the first  7 floors of a 65-floor building. Since there was an observatory on the 65th floor, we wanted to go there too. The price dropped by half after 10pm, so the shoestring travellers decided to fill the time until then with shopping. We started with dinner. Was anything but great, but filled enough. After that we went to the grocery store. Before we could take a step in, there was a Vietnamese girl, who wrapped a plastic bag around our purses and fastened it securely with staples. Obviously lot of pickpocketers sneak in there, so they are trying to protect the honest guests belongings. After getting out of the store, all the plastic bags found their way to the carbage... If there would be similar system in Estonia, I would definitely think twice every time before entering the grocery store - do I really need something today or should I rather protect the nature and environment. Anyway, finally it was 10pm and we took the elevator up. Watched the city in lights and stood on the glass floor above the street.

Since all the local car and bike drivers seem to have one goal only - drive over as many tourists as possible, we ordered a cab to get back to the hotel.

Kommentaare ei ole:

Postita kommentaar