neljapäev, 7. september 2023

Bright lights, Toronto nights. Niagara and Uncle Tetsu













Since I went to sleep at half past eight last night, I woke up at 1am. And 4am. And 5am. I guess I didn't fall asleep much after five anymore. I listened to the pouring rain and watched the lightning. Since the weather forecast promised bright sun and around 86F for Toronto, I obviously only packed summer clothes. I already started to make a plan in my mind, where I can buy rubber boots and rain jacket to go to Niagara.

When I went out at 7am to get breakfast at the diner around the corner, the streets were dry and the sky was clear. Go figure.

I had bought my bus tickets for today to go to Niagara Falls. At half past noon I got off the bus and was instantly fascinated by the foamy and clear blue water that fell down in the horseshoe falls. I enjoyed the falls from every possible angle that Canada allowed and also went up the Skylon tower. While in the past I have looked at Canada across the river when I was in Detroit, today I looked at the USA across the river while I was in Canada.

There was a Dairy Queen on the way to Skylon. Already excited, I thought about the menu and which blizzard to take, only to find the door locked and lights out. I thought about buying a mug from Starbucks then, but it turned out that there is still a post-pandemic supply crisis in this country, and instead of a Niagara mug, they think I can drink coffee from a paper cup probably.

In Toronto, I did a quick tour in my neighbourhood, bought Uncle Tetsu's Japanese cheesecake and, since today's breakfast was significantly worse than I thought, also a couple of yogurts. Couple of years ago in Bangkok, we also went to Uncle Tetsu's to buy the same cake and it was so delicious. When I noticed that in addition to Bangkok, he also bakes in Toronto, it was clear that I would not miss eating this cake again. Half today, half tomorrow morning. Life is a Japanese cheesecake. By the way, this cheesecake shop is right next to Kaka Sushi (translation from Estonian: Poop Sushi) , "eat as much as you can". Hope, you won't have any difficulties finding either now.

I went up to the roof of the hotel to enjoy the city views and then returned to my room to go to sleep.

Kommentaare ei ole:

Postita kommentaar