teisipäev, 12. september 2023

Go Blue. Squirrels. So many squirrels.

 












Yesterday and today we had a trip to Ann Arbor planned. First thing in the morning we headed to Detroit for brunch at the Dime Store. A loyal reader surely remembers that this is one of my three favorite brunch restaurants. And this is probably the only place where I ALWAYS get the same food - eggs benedict with salmon and hollandaise sauce on English muffins. It's just such a great combo. I had fruit salad as side instead of fried and it was delicious. Scott wasn't very happy with his chicken sandwich, but the fries with bacon were good.

We drove to Ann Arbor, did some shopping at TJ Maxx and dropped things off at the hotel. We drove to our Old Woodland home to have a run in the woods. Around here, the pollinating gardens have also become very popular. Flowers bloomed over my head and the whole view was brightly colored. And squirrels! I saw several dozen brown, gray and black squirrels on my 8km run. A couple of chipmonks were also running around.

Coming back to the topic of the breakfast, only around five o'clock, after my run, I started to feel hungry again.

Rebecca invited us to Knights for dinner, and as it is customary in this country, one portion would feed a small African village, so when I left the restaurant, I was so full and was carrying a box of fish, buttery roll and fries for my morning snack. Because, well, I still mostly wake up before the crack of dawn and with an empty stomach.

Fortunately, plans were made for this morning as well, and at 8 o'clock we were already at the door of the Great Traverse Pie Co. I had peach pie and cherry coffee. Super good.

We went shopping. We walked in the city. We ate cupcakes. Despite the fact that our favorite, Cupcake Station, had been replaced by Bakehouse 46. The cupcakes were still good. We did more shopping. And walked some more. For late lunch we chose Zingerman's sandwiches. For some reason, I had been thinking about these sandwiches for months, and they were just as delicious as I remembered.

Since Dexter's Cider Mill is closed on Tuesdays, we didn't stop there and drove straight back home.

Kommentaare ei ole:

Postita kommentaar