laupäev, 16. märts 2024

Delicous Thailand. Flight home

My bag was packed tighter than a level 16 in Tetris game - 15 kilos of luggage looked like a grocery bag after a fifteen-minute visit to Prisma. We headed to the airport, trying to guess whether electronic boarding passes would suffice or if we needed to go through the counter again, where luggage is weighed. Turns out, we didn't need to go through the counter and could walk straight through security to the gate.

Knowing I wouldn't survive a 12.5-hour flight with just two sad airplane meals, we properly stocked up at McDonald's. As I returned to the gate with said paper bags, I saw local airport staff dragging suitcase measuring box and scale to the gate. I could already envision us repacking our bags and shelling out 100 euros to check half of our luggage. Turns out, our bags were so expertly packed that we breezed through without any issues.

I am eternally grateful to the genius who decided to bring internet to the airplane, because otherwise, that 12.5-hour flight would have felt even longer than it already did. We arrived home by 10 PM.

Kommentaare ei ole:

Postita kommentaar