teisipäev, 31. juuli 2018

Here in London Town. Nothing has changed.











Still there is hot water to wash your left and cold water to wash your right hand in this town. Most likely an invention of muslims, because others usually don’t need to wash left hand more thoroughly. And can use both to eat. In addition to that, for dumber tourists there are instructions on the wall, on how to use the tap and shower curtain in bath tub. First one was pretty useful, because even though we are not talking hi-tech here, I’m always having some trouble with those taps, where one is for temperature and other one for water pressure.

Btw, useful tip when flying from Tallinn. There is no need to arrive an hour or one and half earlier. Arrive for the final call and the security will let you through without standing in line. While I was through first third of the not so short line, at least 10 people got straight to screening.It’s nice and cool in London, got even some shower on Sunday a bit. When I woke up today morning, it was pouring rain with lightning, after I got out of shower, sky was blue and sun was out.

Checked out a menu in Notting Hill on Sunday, chose a salad and entered the restaurant. And somehow between choosing the salad and placing the order, something must have gone wrong, because I ended up eating salmon tagliatelle… Go figure. When paying the bill, there was an additional line after pasta and cappucciono: Optional Swervice fee 12,5%. I didn’t notice the opt out option though.

Had planned some culture yesterday - I’ll go see the Tower Bridge and on the way check out TK Maxx too. Or maybe it was other way round that TK Maxx was planned and Tower Bridge was just round the corner there.. Well, anyway, never made it to the sightseeing. We went to Oxford street, got some Lush goods with nice discount and since there was UniQlo across the street, I spent some time there and another TK Maxx was basically around the corner, where I spent an hour checking out the newest trends. Before I realized, the sun was setting behind the horizon and I hadn’t seen any bridge. Instead I was standing in front of a tube station, reading the stops on the Northern Line and if few hours ago my Old Street station was on the scheme too, it wasn’t anymore. I looked at the big tube map, still there. Looked at the scheme, nothing.  Started to doubt my eyesight, although it was just checked and was carefully reading every line on the scheme, but what wasn’t there, was the Old Street. I saw a uniformed lady and asked her. She explained to me the on-off relationship of the Northern Line, that’s sometimes together and sometimes apart. In this station they’re apart and my Old Street might be on the same line, but I can’t get there directly from this station. Have to change. It seems that in addition to the bathrooms, also their tube system could use some additional explanations.

Kommentaare ei ole:

Postita kommentaar