laupäev, 21. juuli 2018

Topless in Tallinn








It seems like the restaurant in old town Tallinn should start putting out signs like those in Asia stating that men, would please kindly wear a shirt to dinner. Feels like a basic knowledge that you don't enter the diners in old town topless with your big beer belly, but apparently only for some part of the locals and tourists. Anyway, one of those signs should stand next to Must Puudel so that next time we wouldn't need to enter through tables, where half naked men are sitting. Disclaimer - I also don't want to see slim shirtless guys or topless women in diners. Nor naked kids. If you don't have enough clothes, have picnics in your own yard. With naked childred, I just remembered, how I walked through the park last night and an approximately 3 years old buy needed to pee. Instead of directing him toward some bush, he, with the obvious permission of his parents, he was peeing right in the middle of the grass, his little boy pride visible to all people walking by. I agree, the public toilet barely 200 meters away is too dirty for kids to use it, but just like you don't relieve yourself on the beach or into the sea, you shouldn't be doing it in the middle of the park.

Went to the doctor's the other day. After hearing, what I do for my job every day (recruiting), the 65+ lady, who clearly is spending all of her free time on the beach or in the solarium told me that I'm the one, placing the slaves and definitely don't want to pay them salary either. She herself always answers the salary questions with "I'm not a cheap woman". She also took a look at my birthmark and mentioned that the doctors have been scaring the people, but she likes to sunbath and anyway, vitamin D is important too. Looking at her skin and all the sunspots covering all the bare skin, it was clear that she's definitely not lacking vitamin D.

Started the new book of Lauri Räpp the other day - "There's a Cafe at the End of the World" and finished it this morning. Since the library also had Mihkel Raud's "Where I am and how you can get much further" that came home with me, I started reading that one right away. We spent 1,5 hours quality time on the beach in the afternoon and by bedtime I was reading the second half already. Eyes falling shut, but can't put the book away. I remembered the times when I was reading the newest from Grisham until 3-4am. It was so enthralling that "I'll finish the chapter and go to bed" turned into the same statement 15 minutes later. And then, 4:30am, having the alarm set for 7am to go to work, I did set the book aside in the middle of the last chapter. Just to have something to wait for tomorrow night. Right in the middle of the most exciting place, I tell you that :)

I've always had a good relationship with books and been reading everything from random chick flicks to Dostojevski and sci-fi. In the elementary school I was bringing home 2-3 books from library almost daily, and returned them the next day. Librarian few times asked me even, whether I actually read them or just watch the pictures... From the times I've started book diary in this blog too, the number of books, Ive been reading has done pretty much jo-jo. There has been a year, when I read less than a book in a week and also a year, when I finished more than 250 books a year. I read a lot while travelling. In the hammock on the cottage terrace or chair under the palm tree or with morning coffee, also in airports, on the planes, in the buses or while waiting. Kindle is an invention I'm very grateful for.

Did buy some watermelon in Selver the other day and now, 48 hours later I can confirm that the recent allergy I was mentioning, was caused by the quorn. On the mentioned Thursday night, there were two counters open and the area with 3-4 empty self-check-outs. Those two (wo)manned counters both had 3-4 customers waiting, half of them some Scandinavians, buying carts full of beer and chips. Anyway, neither of the lines was actually moving forward. Where Prisma, Rimi and Konsum have all reasonable self-check-outs - you go to the store, choose your goods, walk to the counter, register all the stuff, pay, pack your stuff and leave, but Selver and the Department Store have come out with some kind of remote thing, where you first have to register your loyalty card and then, before going to the check-out, register all of your chosen stuff with the remote. But. I haven't registered my card and have no desire to do that. So, well, I stand in the line for ten minutes at 9:00pm until all the A le Coqs and Lays have been checked out with extreme care... Because I can't see it as convenient to register every item before putting it in the bag. And then hassle with the remote, the goods and your bag or basket at the same time. If Prisma would have a better watermelons and a reasonable choice of fresh juices, I would probably never visit Selver.

Kommentaare ei ole:

Postita kommentaar