esmaspäev, 2. juuli 2018

Quorn. Mykoprotein. Allergy.

I've never really been allergic to anything but nickel, penicillin and idiots. And out of that list I only know about penicillin allergy through third parties. Nickel wounds I've treated on my ears and around the waist (belt buckle) as well as on hands and feet after using silverware that contained nickel in Philippines. Last item on the list luckily causes no visual symptoms.

Today when I woke up with huge red areas and different size itching rash on my body, it was fairly obvious that there must be some other allergy in stock. I suspected watermelon, since I had about a kilo of it yesterday. I didn't have anymore watermelon during the day and the rash more or less disappeared, I considered the chapter closed. Until an hour after watermelonless dinner I had a rash like I would have been running naked through a field of nettles. Went through the menu of last two days and the next suspect is mykoprotein. Also known as quorn. Something that I ate several times in US and that's recently also became available in Prisma. It's derived from fungus and grown by fermentation and processed into meatlike products for vegans and vegetarians.

Anyway, now I'm testing, whether not eating the quorn will keep the nettle rash away.

For obvious reasons there are no pictures in this post.

Kommentaare ei ole:

Postita kommentaar